Becky Boryca, Clerk of the District Court
700 N Washington St., Rm. E
Lexington, NE 68850
Phone: 308-324-4261, Fax: 308-324-9876
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We are closed over the lunch hour from 12:00 p.m. . thru 1:00 p.m.
Passport hours are: 8:00 thru 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. thru 4:30 p.m.
Services Of This Office
In addition to being the Administrative Office of the Court, the Clerks of the District Courts are responsible for maintaining the records of criminal and civil cases, mental health cases, the Court's dockets and processing judgments. The clerk also serves as a Passport Agent and is Ex-Officio Jury Commissioner for both County and District Courts.
Some of the Duties of the District Court Office are:
• Issuing writs and orders;
• Filing and preserving all papers delivered to the court;
• Certification/Authentication of court filings;
• Make entry of return of every summons, subpoena and order served;
• Keep the records pertaining to the court and record its proceedings;
• Prepare and file the annual inventory statement of all county personal property in his or her custody and possession;
• Provide and process protection order applications;
• Track all court costs, fees, fines, restitution and judgments ordered in each case filed.
Temporary Child Information Affidavit:
Nebraska Judicial Branch - http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov
Nebraska Child Support Payment Center - https://www.nebraskachildsupport.state.ne.us
Nebraska.Gov - http://www.nebraska.gov
Passport Information - http://www.travel.state.gov - EFFECTIVE 4/2/2018/ Passport local fees will be increased from $25 to $35
Nebraska Dept of Health & Human Services - http://www.hhs.state.ne.us
Nebraska Unicameral - http://www.unicam.state.ne.us