Becky Boryca, Clerk of the District Court
700 N Washington St., Rm. E
Lexington, NE 68850
Phone: 308-324-4261, Fax: 308-324-9876
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Passport hours are: 8:00 thru 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. thru 4:30 p.m.
We are closed over the lunch hour.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE re: PASSPORTS**
To reduce possible exposure to the coronavirus for you and your family, we request that you take your passport application(s) home to fill out. Instructions can be located next to the application basket on 3rd floor. They are very detailed and will assist you in the completion of the form, as well as detailing payment information and what you need to bring in with you.
Applications for renewal (DS-82) and initial applications can be obtained on the U.S. Department of State web site (travel.state.gov). Take careful note of the qualifications required to use this form. These are for adults only. If you have any questions throughout the applications process, you may call our office at 308.324.4261.
Services Of This Office
In addition to being the Administrative Office of the Court, the Clerks of the District Courts are responsible for maintaining the records of criminal and civil cases, mental health cases, the Court's dockets and processing judgments. The clerk also serves as a Passport Agent and is Ex-Officio Jury Commissioner for both County and District Courts.
Some of the Duties of the District Court Office are:
• Issuing writs and orders;
• Filing and preserving all papers delivered to the court;
• Certification/Authentication of court filings;
• Make entry of return of every summons, subpoena and order served;
• Keep the records pertaining to the court and record its proceedings;
• Prepare and file the annual inventory statement of all county personal property in his or her custody and possession;
• Provide and process protection order applications;
• Track all court costs, fees, fines, restitution and judgments ordered in each case filed.
Revised Child Information Affidavit:
Nebraska Judicial Branch - http://www.supremecourt.ne.gov
Nebraska Child Support Payment Center - https://www.nebraskachildsupport.state.ne.us
Nebraska.Gov - http://www.nebraska.gov
Passport Information - http://www.travel.state.gov - EFFECTIVE 4/2/2018/ Passport local fees will be increased from $25 to $35
Nebraska Dept of Health & Human Services - http://www.hhs.state.ne.us
Nebraska Unicameral - http://www.unicam.state.ne.us